The US and Iran have agreed to cease mutual attacks and plan to hold talks on June 30 in the Qatari capital to resolve the dispute over the Strait of Hormuz.
Only 11 days have passed since the ceasefire was declared, but it is already in danger of collapsing due to new strikes from both sides and threats from US President Donald Trump to resume the war and see it through, according to Axios.
The new round of hostilities was triggered by differing interpretations of the memorandum of understanding to end the war, particularly its terms regarding the Strait of Hormuz.
"We have decided to cease all kinetic activity," a senior US official said.
Another US official said both sides will withdraw for now, allowing ships to navigate freely while technical negotiations continue. Both officials and a third source confirmed the meeting scheduled for Tuesday.
According to a previously signed memorandum, Tehran committed to guaranteeing the safe passage of commercial vessels through the strait, while Washington agreed to lift the blockade of Iranian ports.
Photo: eurasiatoday.ru.
Новости
В Польше назвали число украинцев, которым дали убежище с начала полномасштабной войны
05:15 22 авг 2026.
Предатель перешел на сторону врага и стал мэром Рубежного
04:45 22 авг 2026.
На Днепропетровщине у главы ВВК нашли миллионные активы
02:36 22 авг 2026.
Во Франции число жарких дней побило рекорд в истории наблюдений
00:10 22 авг 2026.
В Луцке произошло массовое нападение на работников ТЦК
23:35 21 авг 2026.
Глава набсовета Сенс банка уволен досрочно
23:10 21 авг 2026.
В Кривом Роге растет число погибших и пострадавших от удара РФ по торговому центру
22:45 21 авг 2026.
Из-за визитов иностранных делегаций в Киеве с субботы по вторник перекроют движение
22:35 21 авг 2026.
Российский беспилотник убил троих детей на Николаевщине
22:10 21 авг 2026.
Суд отправил под стражу ответственного работника Офиса президента
21:45 21 авг 2026.